Road work on South Village Road from the bridge to Route 106 will start on July 17th. Plan additional time as delays are expected. You are encouraged to seek an alternate route. Like us on Facebook!

Frequently Asked Questions


How do I file an abatement for tax relief?
To file an abatement form you can obtain the form directly from NH Board of Tax and Land Appeals or from the Selectmen's Office. Be sure to use the Municipal Abatement Form and to return it to the Selectmen's Office by March 1st. Do not send this form to the State of NH. If this form is not received by the Selectmen's Office in hand or post marked by the 1st of March, it will be considered late and will not be reviewed.
What hours is the Assessing Office open?
The assessing information is availablel through the Selectmen's Office, Monday through Thursday from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM and also on Tuesday evenings from 5:00 PM to 9:00 PM. Contract Assessor David Wiley is usually in the office on Thursday's from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM for specific information or appointments. Mr. Wiley can be contacted through the Selectmen's Office at 603-798-4541.

Board of Selectmen

How many selectmen are there?
There are 3.
How often does the Board meet?
Every Tuesday evening at 6:00 p.m. in the Community Building behind the Town Office. The second Tuesday of each month the Board of Permit meets.
How do I get on the agenda?
Call the Town Office (798-4541) and ask to be placed on the agenda. Please call by Thursday of the previous week. You'll be asked the reason you'd like to meet with the Board so the Board will have the chance to "do its homework" before you come in.
Do I have to be on the agenda?
No, but if a meeting is running long, the Board may, at its discretion, choose to see you the next week.
What if I have questions about my property assessment?
You can find information here for contacting the Assessor.

Code Enforcement/Compliance & Building Department

What are the office hours for the Code Enforcement/Building Department?
Office hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Do I need a building permit for minor construction/renovation/sheds?
Yes. The Town of Loudon Code Enforcement Office requires a building permit for any type of construction/alteration/demolition/addition on the property.

Communications Council

Who publishes "The Loudon Ledger"?
Debbie Kardaseski of Debbie K Graphics (
How do I place an ad in the Ledger?
Contact Samantha French, 7073 Oak Hill Rd; 783-4601;
How do I submit an article for The Loudon Ledger?
Articles should be submitted to the Loudon Communications Council, P.O. Box 7871,Loudon, NH 03307. They may be e-mailed to From there, they will be forwarded to the Council for review before they are inserted in the Loudon Ledger. If you have any questions regarding this policy, please contact Mary Ann Steele, chairperson of the Council, at 267-6509. Loudon Ledger Submission Policy All groups, organizations, individuals, etc. are encouraged to submit articles to the Loudon Ledger. Special events, landmark anniversaries or birthdays, “attaboys,” etc. are all welcome. Please note, however, that the Council will uphold its mission: To provide a comprehensive source of information and education about business, government, and community organizations within Loudon in order to facilitate and encourage informed citizen participation. We will also follow our Articles of Agreement, which is on file with the Secretary of State, and says: The corporation shall not participate in, or intervene in any political campaign on behalf of any political party or candidate for public office, nor shall it sponsor or endorse any plan or proposition that does not facilitate or encourage informed citizen participation. In other words, any article submitted must present all sides of an issue in a factual,unbiased manner so that the reader may form his/her own opinion based on the information presented. To paraphrase Eric Severard: “You should elucidate but not advocate.”

Cub Scout Pack 247

What is the Cost?
Registration is $40, which includes the book, patches, Pinewood Derby car kit, neckerchief and a subscription to Boys Life magazine. Families are responsible for purchasing the uniform shirt. Other uniform items are optional. Please do not let financial situations stop your boy from joining Cub Scouts. Financial assistance is available. Contact the Committee Chair.
How Often Do they Meet?
Typically Cub Scouts meet once a week . Most dens meet September through April but some continue year round. The pack holds summer activities as well.
How Do I sign up?
Sign-ups happen at the Open House at the Loudon Elementary School at the beginning of the school year or you can contact Aaron Gardner at 848-2575 or at any point during the year.
What camping opportunities are there for the boys?
The Daniel Webster Council offers a four-night camp during the summer as well as a week-long day camp. Second-year Webelos go on a camping trip as a den.
How Do I find out More?
Interested boys are invited to attend the Family Fun Night or the Campfire. Boys are encouraged to talk to a friend who is a Cub Scout or check out the pack website

Fire Department

When can I get a Fire Permit?
Monday - Sunday 6:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. at the Arthur Colby Safety Complex in the village or Loudon Fire Department is now offering Burn Permits Online. To obtain a fire permit online please go to (use direct link to the application through the link for "ONLINE FIRE PERMIT" under Links) scroll to the bottom of the page and check all the affidavit boxes, select Town Of Burn as Loudon and then press continue. Obtaining a fire permit online will cost $3.00 this fee is set and collected by the State of New Hampshire Forest and Lands. If you chose not to pay $3.00 for a permit you may still visit the Fire Station at 8 Cooper Street Monday-Sunday 6am-6pm and get a free fire permit.
When do I need a fire permit?
For any and all camp, brush, and cooking fires.
Do I need a permit when it is raining?
Yes! The only time you do not need a permit is when the area around your fire pit is covered with snow.
Can I get a permit that is good for the season?

Girl Scouts

What age can they join?
Any Girl in kindergarten through 12th grade can become a Girl Scout - we also welcome adult Girl Scouts!
What are the different levels?
Daisies - kindergarten & 1st grade Brownies - grades 2 & 3 Juniors - grades 4 & 5 Cadettes - grades 6, 7 & 8 Seniors - grades 9 & 10 Ambassadors - grades 11 & 12 Independent Girl Scouts are girls of any age that don't participate in a specific troop but are still active Girl Scouts. There are several groups that girls can participate in. has all the details.
Can men be Girl Scouts?
Absolutely! Being a "Girl Scout" does not mean you have to be a girl. Only boys under the age of 18 are excluded from becoming registered. A background check is done on all adult volunteers - male and female.
How do I register? What do I need to do? Is there a fee?
There is a $30 registration fee along with a registration form and health history form. all can be found online at Full uniforms are NOT required, but a vest or sash is encouraged.

John O. Cate Memorial Van

What appointments qualify for free transportation?
Any appointment for medical services (physician, dentist, physical therapy, counseling, testing, etc.), the need to fill a prescription or attendance at an adult day-care service qualifies. Other needs for transportation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Am I eligible for transportation?
If you are a Loudon resident presently living in Loudon and in need of transportation to a facility in the Concord area for an appointment you may request a ride.
When is transportation available?
The John O. Cate Memorial Van is available for trips to appointments within the Concord area weekdays from 7:30 AM to 5:00 PM, subject to the availability of volunteers. Requests for transport outside of normal hours of operation may be accepted depending on staff availability.
How do I register as a new client?
Call the Scheduler at 783-9502 and request to be added to our client list. You will be asked a few basic questions (name, address, phone number, etc.) and a visit to your residence may be scheduled to preview the access to your home and make note of any obstacles or special circumstances the van driver should be aware of prior to arriving at your residence.
How do I schedule a ride?
Transportation may be arranged by calling the Scheduler at 783-9502. Ride scheduling is on a first-come first-served basis so requests for transport should be made at least one (1) week in advance to ensure van availability.
Who pays for this service?
The Town of Loudon funds basic operating expenses (gas, oil, mechanical maintenance, etc.) while a volunteer team schedules, operates and maintains the van through their Association.
What is the John O. Cate Memorial Van Association?
The John O. Cate Memorial Van Association is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization incorporated in the State of New Hampshire. The members of the association are the volunteers who operate and maintain the John O. Cate Memorial Van. The Officers of the Association for 2005-2006 are:
ChairpersonWalter Howard
SchedulerBarbara Cameron
SecretaryPaula Miller
TreasurerDavid Nicholson
When and where does the Association meet?
The Association meets on the last Thursday of each month at 2:00 PM in the Community Building (Charlie’s Barn). The annual meeting and election of officers is held during the September meeting.
How may I volunteer to serve?
Any Loudon resident eighteen (18) years of age or older may volunteer by calling the Scheduler at 783-9502. Prospective volunteers are encouraged to attend one of our monthly meetings to meet our members and learn more about us. Driver candidates will undergo a training period before becoming certified to drive the van.
How may I donate to the John O. Cate Memorial Van Association?
Tax-deductible donations should be made out to “The John O. Cate Memorial Van Association” and may be sent to the Association Treasurer, David Nicholson, at 224 Route 129, Loudon, NH 03307. A receipt including the IRS Federal Tax ID will be provided upon request.
Who was John O. Cate?
John O Cate, a third generation Loudon resident, held many local elected offices in Loudon and was a State Representative serving the Loudon area. He helped to establish the original Loudon Volunteer Fire Department and the first fire station. The van service was originated by his daughter, Barbara Cameron, in his name and she continues to serve the John O. Cate Memorial Van Association in many capacities.


When is story time and do I need to sign up in advance?
No advance sign up is needed. The story time season goes from September through June on Tuesdays & Thursdays at 10:30 & Wednesdays at 2:00 p.m.
What is the loan period for books?
Two weeks
What is the loan period for non-print materials?
One week
May materials be renewed by telephone?
Yes, as long as there are no reserves on the material.
Do you provide advance notification of book sales?
Yes, ask at the library to be added to the mailing lists or to the email list server.
Does the library's collection include large print books?

Loudon Old Home Day

When is Old Home Day?
Old Home Day will be held Saturday in August 8, 2015
Is there Music & Dance?
Yes, from 7-11 p.m. with a break for fireworks
Can our pet come?
No, there are no pets allowed.
Is there a parade? When?
Yes, the parade begins at 10:00 - leading the way are antique cars and motorcycles followed by the rest of the parade. For more information, contact Susan Gelinas (603)783-9272 or Tammy Bourque (603) 219-4809. * (the parade is just one parade now – antique cars and motorcycles will start off the main parade) NO POLITICAL ENTRIES ACCEPTED
How do I get a booth spot?
Contact any of the Committee Members for details
How do I enter the Bake Contest?
For entry and category information, see The Loudon Ledger or contact Samantha French 783-4601.
What is this year's theme for Old Home Day?
How do I nominate someone for Citizen of the Year?
All you need to do is obtain a Citizen of the Year form from any Committee Member, from the insert in the Louodn Ledger, or request one by sending a note to P O Box 7050, Louodn, NH 03307

Planning Board

How do I contact the Planning Board office?
Planning & Zoning Board Office, 55 South Village Road Suite 4, Loudon, NH 03307, (603)798-4540 (tel/fax),
When does the Planning Board meet?
The third Thursday of the month in the Loudon Town Office at 7:00pm.
How do I get on the agenda?
Call the Planning Board office or drop an application off by 12:00pm, 21 days prior to the next scheduled meeting.
How do I become a member of the Planning Board?
Members are elected by voters on the March ballot. You would see the Town Clerk about getting on the ballot. Alternate members are appointed by the Planning Board. Call the Planning Office if interested.

Tax Collector

Does the tax year run from January to January?
NO. The tax year runs from April to March Spring bill covers April 1 to September 30 Fall bill covers October 1 to March 31
Who sets the tax rate?
The State of New Hampshire Division of Revenue. Not the Selectmen or Tax Collector.
Where do I file for tax exemptions?
All exemptions are filed with the Selectmen's office and must be filed by April 15th to be considered for the current tax year.
How and where do I file for a Tax abatement?
Abatements may be filed after the release of the fall tax bill.The deadline to file is March 1st. You can get abatement forms at the town office or online at

Town Clerk

What are your office hours?
Monday 8am - 2pm, Tuesday 3pm-8:45pm, Wednesday & Thursday 9am-4pm
Can you give me a quote?
E-Reg is able to quote a registration here - Motor Vehicle Registration Estimates
Where are you located?
At the Town Office Building 29 South Village Road from north on 106 take left at Rte 129. (from south on 106 take right at Rte 129) Stay left at fork. Third building on the left after the fire station.
Where do I register to vote?
At the Town Clerk's office or at the polls on voting day or a scheduled meeting of the Supervisors of the Checklist.
What do I need to do to apply for a marriage license?
$45 fee. If this is not the first marriage, you need to bring the divorce decree (certified copy) of most recent divorce or death certificate. In addition, both bride and groom need to appear together.

Young At Heart

What is the age you can join?
Anyone age 55 and older is welcome to join!
Any cost to join?
There is no fee to join our group.
Type of Activities?
Group lunch ($2 per person)
Bus trips, musical programs, educational information to help seniors
When & Where do you meet?
We meet the second Tuesday of each month at the Community Building - Charlie's Barn in the Village at 10:00 a.m.
How many people are involved?
The average number at a gathering is 40 people. We welcome more!

Zoning Board of Adjustment

How do I contact the Zoning Board of Adjustment?
Planning & Zoning Board Office, 55 South Village Road Suite 4, Loudon, NH 03307, (603) 798-4540 (tel/fax),
When does the board meet?
The fourth Thursday of the month at the Loudon Town Office at 7:00pm
How do I get on the agenda?
Call the office or drop an application off by 12:00pm, 15 days prior to the next scheduled meeting.
How do I become a member of the Zoning Board of Adjustment?
Members are elected by voters on the March ballot. You would see the Town Clerk if interested in running for a position. Alternate members are appointed by the Zoning Board. Call the Zoning Office if interested in being an alternate. replica watches uk